Are Personalized Services plays an important role in delivering Service Excellence?


There was a small fast food restaurant in my locality where I visited alone or with my friends.  I normally avoid going there with family due to its ambience which was not very good. Once, on my anniversary, I was very late from my office and reached home round 11 in night. So we don’t have any other option left than going to that restaurant.  My wife was not happy and I was also feeling guilty. When we entered there, the manager their treated us by our name and wish us anniversary. He offered us a special table. He knows my likes and dislikes and recommends few dishes according to my taste. The staff quickly decorates the restaurant with roses. They also arranged a small cake for us. That day, they treated us as a special guest. We were very happy with the hospitality of the restaurant.  At the time of leaving, owner said that we arranged parties in hotel or even at home for any event. He knows that my daughter birthday is coming up and suggests that they can arrange a good dinner party at the restaurant or even at my home, if we desire. As me and my wife were very happy with the services we got that day, we were agreed to celebrate our daughter birthday in the restaurant.
What happened that day? The restaurant which I normally avoid going with my family, suddenly I decided to celebrate my daughter birthday in it. Actually nothing was changed. But the kind of personalized services provided by it attracts us.
Everyone is looking for personal attention. It gives the feeling of belongingness. Service firms who are best in providing personal services can achieve best customer satisfaction and service excellence.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teacher As: Critical Pedagogue

ROLE CONFLICT PROBLEM AMONG WORKING WOMEN

Rights and obligations of Issuer, Participant and Beneficial owner under the Depository Act, 1996